Our mission is to provide creative entrepreneurs and organisations with the support they need in order to achieve their ambitions to become sustainable, ‘investment ready’ businesses. In doing so, we help the creative sector to understand how best to take advantage of the finance opportunities open to them, and enable our finance partners to build their experience and interest in working with creative and cultural enterprises.
Working with public funders and commercial partners, we develop and deliver tailored finance-based products and other services that benefit the businesses that we work with, as well as the wider community.
We provide creative businesses and cultural organisations with access to a range of commercial tools, finance options, business skills and marketing channels designed to drive up sales revenues and allow them to maximise their commercial potential.
As a Community Interest Company, our focus is on delivering a combination of strong social and financial returns.
Our publicly funded programmes include:
- Own Art – interest free loans for the purchase of contemporary art and craft
- Take it away – interest free loans for the purchase of musical instruments
- Creative Industry Finance – business support and access to finance for creative enterprises
- ArtsCard – The UK's first employee benefits scheme to focus exclusively on arts, culture and creativity
- Prosper - business support, research and online resources for the arts, museums and libraries
Creative United has been established with support from Arts Council England, and is based at Somerset House in Central London.